Post Date: November 1, 2012
Deadline: November 7, 2012
Organization: Family Health International (FHI 360)-Ethiopia
Invitation for Consultancy Services as Data collectors for IUCD Revitalization Initiative Midterm Evaluation
Family Health International (FHI 360) is a development agency providing technical assistance in the areas of HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment, food and nutrition, livelihood, communications, education programming to the Ethiopian government as well as NGOs and other stakeholders in the response to AIDS and development challenges in Ethiopia. FHI 360 has been in Ethiopia since 1996 providing technical assistance primarily in health and later in various development areas.
FHI 360 Ethiopia is supporting the FMOH of Ethiopia to strengthen capacity for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) for FP initiatives through the PROGRESS project. This project is funded by USAID. FHI 360 is providing financial and technical support to the FMOH (Urban Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Directorate, Agrarian Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Directorate, and Policy, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Directorate) to conduct a process evaluation of the IUCD revitalization initiative to (1) determine if women are being targeted effectively by IUCD information campaigns and materials, and (2) to consolidate lessons learnt from the initial implementation in 116 woredas to guide the national expansion.
FHI 360-Ethiopia is therefore seeking to hire Data Collectors responsible for conducting:
1. Quantitative data collection including Clients exit interview, Provider interview, Facility inventory and Service statistics
- Number of posts: Twenty seven (27)
2. Qualitative data collection including in-depth interview of family health sub process owners at regional, zonal and woreda health offices, and HEWs
- Number of posts: Nine (9)
Duration of assignment : - Variable (3 to 5 weeks)
Place of assignment: - Selected sites in Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray regions and Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa city adminstrations.
Duties and Responsibilities: -
• Contact individuals to be interviewed at health facilities and respective offices.
• Explain survey objectives and procedures to interviewees and interpret the evaluation questions to help interviewees' comprehension.
• Ask questions in accordance with instructions to obtain various specified information
• Identify and report problems in obtaining valid data.
• Meet with supervisor daily to submit completed questionnaire and discuss progress. (For qualitative data collectors, they need to transcribe the data and prepare report.)
• Review data obtained from interview for completeness and accuracy.
• Complete field work and data collection.
• Carry out additional assignment as required.
• Preparing summary field activity reports.
Position requirements: -
- BSc/MSc in health or BA/MA in social science related fields
- Proven experience on conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection. (Specific to qualitative data collectors, they should have experience on data collection and transcription.)
- Proven experience in Family Planning/Health system related studies.
- Excellent computer and typing skills, ability to use MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint computer programs
- Ability to work in rural and urban settings, and willingness to travel to remote locations
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of the Local language used at the place of assignment
Application guidelines: Well qualified and interested candidates can send their application letter, CVs and supporting documents via E-mail address: email@example.com or by post to P.O. Box 121789, Addis Ababa or submit in person to FHI 360-Ethiopia Country Office (Please call 011-663 9880 for directions). Please mention “Re. Data collectors for IUCD Revitalization Initiative Midterm Evaluation” on the email subject line or letter envelope. Deadline for applications is November 7, 2012 at 5:30 pm.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.