April 24, 2017 - Kenya's Mary Keitany broke world record to win the London Marathon on Sunday, while her compatriot Daniel Wanjiru also seized glory over the 26.2-mile distance, according to reports.
Keitany finished in two hours, 17 minutes and one second, dominating the rest of the field. Ethiopia's Tirunesh Dibaba and Aselefech Mergia came in second and third, respectively.
Meanwhile, Wanjiru held off a late rally from the legendary Ethiopian runner, Kenenisa Bekele, posting a mark of 2:05:49. Kenya's Bedan Karoki took third.
Below are the top finishers from one of the world's most iconic marathon races.
1. Daniel Wanjiru (KEN) - 2:05:48
2. Kenenisa Bekele (ETH) - 2:05:57
3. Bedan Karoki (KEN) - 2:07:41
1. Mary Keitany (KEN) - 2:17:01
2. Tirunesh Dibaba (ETH) - 2:17:56
3. Aselefech Mergia (ETH) - 2:23:08