Ethiopia Announces Diplomats to 19 Countries, Missions
December 27, 2018 (Ezega.com) - The Ethiopian Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced diplomats for 19 countres and missions. This follows on the ministry's announcement earlier this year that it was working to make foreign representatives more professional, rather than political, people who can promote Ethiopia's interests abroad more effectively.
Today, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs formally appointed 19 individuals to various foreign outposts.
Notable appointees include Fitsum Arega, who was the Director General of the Ethiopian Investment Commission and the Chief of Staff of the Prime Minister of Ethiopia. He is now appointed as Ambassador to the United States of America. Further, Ambassador Teshome Toga will become the new Ambassador to China. He was the second Speaker of the House of Peoples' Representatives, the lower chamber of the Ethiopian Parliament, from 2005 to 2010. He was succeeded in that position by Abadula Gemeda. Teshome Toga has held several ambassador positions and was a member of many diplomatic missions, including Ambassador to Kenya and Tanzania.
The lists of countries to which the Ambassadors are appointed are as follows.
1. Ambassador Sulieman Dedefo – United Arab Emirates
2. Mulu Solomon – Germany
3. Abdulaziz Mohammed – Djibouti
4. Nasise Chali – Canada
5. Hassen Taju – Senegal
6. Reta Alemu – Israel
7. Henok Tefera – France
8. Alemtsehay Meseret – Uganda
9. Tizita Mulugeta (PhD) – India
10. Ambassador Tesfaye Yilma – Permanent Representative of Ethiopia to AU
11. Ambassador Teshome Toga – China
12. Teferi Tadesse – South Sudan
13. Fitsum Arega – USA
14. Addisu Gebre-Egziabher (PhD) – Zimbabwe
15. Million Samuel – The Netherlands
16. Meles Alem – Kenya
17. Berhane Fisseha – Deputy Permanent Representative of Ethiopia to the AU
18. Airorat Mohammed (PhD) – Oman
19. Ambassador Samia Zekaria – Qatar